Blazblue RPG
Hello Guests,

Thank you for visiting the former adress of the Blazblue RPG forum.

We have changed accounts: our new website is http://blazbluerpg.home-forum.com/ .

We would love to meet you there!

Sincerely,

The members of the Blazblue RPG forum

[Group app] The High Edge Company

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Group app] The High Edge Company

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Ragna asked for a group application, so here it goes, enjoy the text block. ;-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The High Edge Company is an organization founded by Mika Nôbi when she started studying alchemy at the age of 28 (i.e. 9 years before the RP), first as a façade to look important, it became quickly a real corporate group, at first with for only members Mika herself and her comrades that followed her lifestyle, which is, take as much profit as possible from the world. For the first year, the group had very little meaning, with only a few alchemists and biologists that didn't get enough funding to conduct a full research, even with Mika's name eventually getting known in the NOL's ranks because she worked with Relius Clover for a few days. It was then that Mika and the executive committee (her former alchemy classmates), decided to add a vigilante section to the Company to have a reliable source of money, and ensure those vigilantes' help by offering them their own medical and chirurgical support. With this, Mika herself also offered her help to the Librarium and Sector Seven non-distinctively, and even if her and her subordinates ended up cleaning the bigger organizations' dirty laundry, they wouldn't care as their only goal is to make money. After several years, while the High Edge Company is still a relatively small group, with around 250 members in grand total, the vigilante section has grown much more numbers than the research section (something like 200~210/40~50), the latter also expanding their activities to renovating scrapped weapons, buying some from Sector Seven mostly, but also the NOL, and recently going as far as crafting those themselves. For the latter, its name (and eventually Mika's, due to her being the main promoter of her group, as well as its leader and most prominent member) eventually is now known of the higher-ups of their partners, even though the organization carries a bad reputation of being scavengers, notably by being the trash collector of the NOL and Sector Seven, and their vigilantes being renowned as ruthless. Although, they're not well-known to the public, due to no global advertisement from them, and the very strict recruitment rules that Mika instaured (roughly sums up by: requiring to have very few mental restraints and not back up in front of almost any non-suicidal situation to make your money).

(NB: If you need more information, I'll be all to glad to add it here.)

Back to top Go down

Re: [Group app] The High Edge Company

Post by Ragna the Bloodedge on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Here's my hangup with this thing thus far: the research obsession. I love the idea of a profit based group in BlazBlue. Gotta love the evil corporation schtick in videogames and all that. However, based on the description given they seem more like a Sector 7 copy minus the NOL hatred. So I'd like a bit more clarification, are you guys focused on pioneering the next stage of super science for the sake of SCIENCE because SCIENCE? Or are you more concerned with selling gadgets and making a shit load of money money money. I do like the vigilante section by the way. Has a nice bounty hunter's league feel to it that could help unify many of the unaffiliated OCs for some roleplay fun.

Ragna the Bloodedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 am

The group isn't really obsessed with the research and with science, only Mika herself is about medicine and human biology, but you gotta do something with the money you get. While a part of it does go to researches (because there is a researching section - think of it like the NOL engineering section), most of it goes to buying weapons and medical stuff, else the vigilantes would have problems earning their money, and the group would fall apart. By the way I don't think I said the High Edge sells weapons, as collecting trashed ones and putting them back in shape for their vigilantes is a much more prominent abilities.

To answer more precisely to your first sentence: the goal of the group is to do anything they have to do for money. What each member does with its part is up to him, the Company itself does not really care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragna the Bloodedge on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Overall I see this mainly as a bounty hunting agency. Gives out contracts to it's members to hunt and occasionally takes jobs from the NOL and Sector 7. Problem with that is we already have vigilantes and bounty hunters running round without the need of a guiding corporation. I don't have much of a problem with it being acceptable or not, my hangup is whether or not it really serves that much of a point. I'd like to hear from the rest of the Staff on this but as it stands I'm going to need a legitimate incentive to make this group worth it.

Ragna the Bloodedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:01 pm

If it serves a point? Well an organization can't really serve much of a point because the NOL hardly ever tolerates other organizations.

Anyway, for the functioning of it, there's something that differs: The High Edge Company doesn't give the contracts themselves, nor do they guide their vigilantes in any way, they let them do their job with the NOL, only providing medical support and more reliability to their job by acting as a bank for all of its members (i.e. it gets the money and splits it for everyone).

As for the incentive you'd want, well, they're kind of antagonistic wildcards, a group that isn't the NOL or Sector Seven can't do much bad, and as I see it, they can spice up the plot and make things a bit more interesting for OCs that lack implication into the plot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragna the Bloodedge on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Based on what's been presented so far I'm just not convinced there's much purpose to the group. Like anything else this will require the input of multiple Staff members but it's a no from me.

APPROVALS: 00

DISAPPROVALS: 01

Ragna the Bloodedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reiei on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Actually when I think about it there isn't even a reason that group would exist without being secret, also, the whole thing to collect money... You underlined yourself all of this is extreme NOL bait.
Also, a group without a point (making money isn't a point in and of itself) and without implication to the plot (like reasons they would get involved in the big stuff, which they wouldn't for their lives) is pretty bland and tasteless to me. And when I was composing an OC for it, you underlined all the many problems that this group has: that strict ideology about being all for grabbing more and more money, the barely-existent relations with its members...

Simply said, this group is not like one that would make itself a way up, and it didn't really grow up on me as well.

APPROVALS: 00

DISAPPROVALS: 02

Reiei

Location : If you would be so kind to guess by yourself, please...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top