Blazblue RPG
Hello Guests,

Thank you for visiting the former adress of the Blazblue RPG forum.

We have changed accounts: our new website is http://blazbluerpg.home-forum.com/ .

We would love to meet you there!

Sincerely,

The members of the Blazblue RPG forum

Mika Nôbi, the next alchemist sensation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mika Nôbi, the next alchemist sensation

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Name: Mika Nôbi
Race: Human.

Appearance: Despite being 37, Mika looks fairly young, as her sharp traits and her face look pretty much unaffected by the ailments of age. Her pale skin contrasts with her jet black long slick untied hair that goes to her knees. As she experimented on herself, she also has a well-rounded figure, standing at 169cm(5ft 6,5in) and weighing 63 kilograms (139 lbs.). She always wears her white overalls when she's in her lab, but otherwise, she wears only her shiny black tight pants and top under a white jacket.

Loyalty: Herself, and her few friends from her studies in alchemy, and those that will claim loyalty to her after. Somehow she also has a loose loyalty to both Sector Seven and the NOL, the organizations being part of the world she is taking profit from.

Personality: Mika is a usually enthusiastic individual, as she likes her work and is very dedicated to it, as well as she is interested by the possibilities that her intelligence unlocks for her. It makes her curious, but also selfish and uncaring about the others, as everything goes after science, maybe even herself. Her manners are also not reminiscent of those of a scientist, instead she is much more outgoing and honest than one would expect from her. In combat, she does not lose her enthusiasm, which is strange for an alchemist, but shows up her pragmatism.

Weaponry: Nothing.

Abilities:
Enhanced body: The first thing Mika can boast is her body, her friend having operated her the way she asked, she is in a perfectly good shape, and has a higher sensibility to her hormones, so that she proves more competent than any other human in about any field of action. Mika's body also shows better regeneration abilities (minor cuts close in a minute, but no important change for more important wounds), nigh immunity to sickness, and a faster functioning in general (her heart beats faster, she breathes faster, and as a result her brain functions faster). What is to remember in combat is her improved attributes: strength, stamina, speed and perception.
Alchemy: Her only way of fighting is to manipulate the environment. As she isn't as skilled as Relius in that field, she still needs physical contact in order to do so effectively, and she has more focus in this action when does this with his hands (precisely, she can control the ground in a 2-meters-wide circle without her hands, and a 20-meter-wide one with them). Once the contact between Mika and the surface she's manipulating is broken off, said surface shatters and collapses instantly. By working on that skill particularly she gained the ability to force people she is touching into total immobility, even though this is fairly impractical as a fighting means as she has to maintain direct contact with her target. Using alchemy she can also make ethereal appendages appear out of thin air, but she can't make those reach more than a meter in front of her. While these appendages can prove as effective as punches and show relative immunity to magic stuff, it demands her a fair amount of energy to create those en masse, so she prefers to use the ground.
Crafting and modifying weapons: Another skill that alchemy gave her. She can build weapons (although she prefers to alter bought ones) and make them able to do some things, to a respectable level, but not nearly as powerful as an Ars Armagus, as she needs a soul or ten to reach this kind of power.
Extensive knowledge of genetics and medicine: Her defining trait is her extreme ease with learning, that allowed her to study in genetics for a very long time, and she ended up researching on her own. Within her range of possibilities are curing genetic diseases, extend lifespans, but her speciality is increasing or decreasing hormone secretion rates, such as adrenaline, cortisol, or steroids. She is also a doctor of fairly good competence.

History: Mika's childhood was that of a fairly normal child, maybe a very curious one, but still very normal. When she attempted mid-school, her interest for science had already grown quite a lot, pushing her to attempt medicine high-school, and she also studied genetics very intently... to the point it almost overshadowed her interest for medicine. She kept studying in medicine and genetics until she was 27, when she learnt of alchemy. She ended her studies the following year and underwent a year-long training with different tutors, ended by a course from Relius Clover himself. With that course taken, Mika would start taking research contracts to gain her money from either the NOL or Sector Seven, being decently skilled in enough areas made her jobs mostly those of an assistant, and she honed her skills with these contracts. Years later, when she had the occasion to partner again with Relius Clover (about the theory of souls), he made her realize that she could be targeted for assassination now that she was starting to get known in the ranks of the big organizations. As Mika knew her skills in alchemy were not enough to protect her as she was, she only had one solution: operate herself, with help from her closest friend and fellow former alchemy student. Her operation completed, she found herself looking about 10 years younger, aside from the operation's smashing success. With time she was losing more and more emotional restraints, and she kept on using various biological treatments on her after having tested them on other humans, mostly those she took from the NOL caught bounties for a handful of money, as well as launching herself into the vigilante business, earning her money with cheap shots or helping another vigilante to earn 50% of the bounty (or let her fellow get killed and get the hundred percent, which is more likely considering her pragmatism). A notable encounter during this period of her life was the vigilante Aoi Haratake, that she had been with for another bounty hunting escapade. While she intended to let him get injured to get the whole reward, after the fight, he was still standing up and clinging to her despite the numerous deep wounds he was suffering. Intrigued by the man's willpower and pertinacity, she fulfilled his demands to get healed, and did even more by enhancing him as well. Now she is trying to achieve human perfection by her medical skills, and put the results of her tests to use, aside of getting money to make her house-lab get better, all while planning for a distant future filled with her super-humans and her as a god.

RP sample:
"What are you saying?" Mika was alarmed at her friend telling her not to operate the person she had on her table this time. "Me, not operating someone because it's too dangerous? Don't you know me well enough by now?"
The associate was already backing away: "Well you'll be alone on that one... I'm not helping you to tame such a dangerous criminal."
While it was true that Mika was going to experiment on a consummate criminal, and one that'd been entrusted to her by the NOL, what her associates forgot too often was that Mika always accomplished her unexpected exploits when she was alone. Once again, she will be the one to have all the credit, and should the subject wake up and attack, she still had 4 bodyguards here for the occasion.

Back to top Go down

Re: Mika Nôbi, the next alchemist sensation

Post by Tron on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:17 am

Seems okayish to me. I kinda wanna see what's the deal with the high edge comanpy, yet at the same time it feels slightly out of place. But I guess I'm in for rolling the dice and see the outcome.

Approved: 01

Disapproved 00

Tron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny D. Flash on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:41 pm

I definitely agree in that the High Edge looks out of place and I definitely think that they don't have purposes or relevance.
Also, the "forcing people into complete immobility by physical contact" really ticks me off since almost nobody can do that, and it really seems broken at first glance.

So I've got an eye on her, big time.

This message will be considered an approval once other characters belonging to her group will show up and be approved themselves.

Johnny D. Flash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragna the Bloodedge on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:40 am

As for the character on it's own I suppose it's alright. Seems to be bordering on a Kokonoe copy in certain aspects though. I'll give you my tentative approval for the moment on the understanding that you'll provide a more detailed overview of what this High Edge group is. At the moment I'm leaning against this new group so I want a separate group application where you can plead your case. Should the group not be approved then edits will obviously need to be made on the character sheet.

APPROVALS: 2 (PENDING GROUP APPROVAL)

Ragna the Bloodedge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Due to the High Edge Company being disapproved, I take back this sheet for work.

EDIT (GMT 21/6/2012 02:12): Finished and ready again for checking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reiei on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:44 am

The character seems well-composed and all, if not for those potentially broken (against humans only) immobilizing and hormone-manipulating abilities that could really give thrills to everyone. The fact that she could also be crafting Ars Armagus from simple weapons might as well make her one of the most powerful persons in the RP, and not only in terms of sheer power, second only to Relius, Terumi and Kokonoe.

And you really have enough OCs to avoid making more of those. So as we don't really need such an influential character, my answer is "No."

APPROVALS: 00

DISAPPROVALS: 01

Reiei

Location : If you would be so kind to guess by yourself, please...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top